Nordic Maternity Program
The environment in utero will be your baby’s home and the umbilical cord is baby’s only form of nutrition for 9 months. We know today that the maternal diet has an impact on the expression of certain genes that can result in health or illness (such as obesity, high blood pressure, dyslipidemia, among others) of your baby. That is why it is so important for the pregnant woman to be in an optimal nutritional state during preconception and pregnancy. And that is what we want to do, change the world with one pregnant woman at a time.
Our strategy in the Maternity Program is to create a food plan adapted to the reality of each woman and individualized to the smallest detail and adapted to each stage of pregnancy. The creation of this plan is based on solid scientific evidence and taking into account the individual characteristics of each woman / couple, including your genetic profile. It covers all trimesters of pregnancy, preconception and postpartum.
There are several factors that contribute to a successful pregnancy. With the establishment of an individualized and personalized nutritional strategy, with the possibility of including genetic information from parents even before conception, we aim to:
- Early identification of elements that may negatively affect pregnancy.
- Make the necessary changes to create the ideal environment for your baby.
- Being able to make changes that will affect the health of your baby and the generations to come.
In the postpartum period, the mother’s diet continues to be of great importance, either because she is breastfeeding and the consequent effect it has on the baby’s development, or for her own recovery. Adequate nutrition to the mother’s needs in the postpartum period is important for:
- the recovery of physical form;
- milk production;
- supply of energy necessary for the physical and mental demands associated with this phase;
- establishment of good intestinal health that impacts the immune and nervous systems.